The Council is the highest administrative body of the University. It is responsible for the administration of all matters that concern the University, including financial matters, infrastructure, supervision and control of the administrative and other staff, the number of students for admission, student affairs, confirms the hiring and promotion of teaching and administrative staff and confirms that the proper processes and regulations were adhered to. In particular, the Council:
- Approves the growth strategy of the University and its administrative policies subject only to the relevant Laws and the University Charter and the directives of the Board of Trustees.
- Approves the number of new students to be admitted to the University with the consultation of the Board.
- Prepares the annual budget of the University.
- Confirms the appointment and promotion of all the junior staff.
- The Chair of the Council is presently the Executive President of the University. The Vice Chair of the Council is the Vice President for Administration and Finance.
- The Council takes decisions with a simple majority.
- The size and composition of the Council is to be determined and reviewed periodically, according to the needs of the University.