MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN
Hello, every one
I am pleased to welcome you to our web site on behalf of the Faculty and its staffs.
Faculty of Business and Economic is the heart of the Somali International University in many respects.It is the second largest Faculty of SIU’s six Faculties. The Faculty is striving to produce self-confident, competent and valuable business professionals that can take significant part in the struggle of the nation to defeat poverty and assure sustainable economic growth and development.
The Faculty makes available a broad array of disciplinary and interdisciplinary specialties within the Business and Economics. It focuses on providing cutting-edge and innovative courses designed to meet students’ career needs.
The Faculty offers Programs of Study for those who desire the traditional four-year baccalaureate degree, accelerated degree-completion programs for working adults, and graduate degrees for working professionals.
It is the principal goal of the Faculty to assure that its graduates are learned citizens of a global community, able to think critically and analytically about personal, local, national and world challenges and take informed, ethical, and, indeed, courageous stands that I hope are the hallmark of the Faculty.
As the Dean of the Faculty, it is my duty, honor and great joy to try to provide an environment as supportive of the goals I’ve just outlined as possible, an environment in which Faculty members can do their very best scholarship and teaching at the same time that they enjoy rewarding personal and family lives, an environment in which students are challenged to do their best academic work at the same time that they delight in the extracurricular and service opportunities that SIU has to offer and develop deep and meaningful friendships that last a lifetime.
In line with the university mission, the Faculty of Business and Economics is to contribute to the economic and social vitality of our local and global communities by producing competent business professionals.
To be nationally and internationally renowned for leadership in sustainable business.
OBJECTIVES OF THE FACULTY
The Faculty’s objective is to develop the future generation of business leadership in Somalia by.
- Enabling the student acquire advanced knowledge in different management disciplines.
- Equipping the student with knowledge and skills needed for playing an effective role in running of organizations.
- Enabling the student to learn to obtain knowledge needed to keep for the ever changing global environment.
- Providing the student with opportunity to learn to be creative and innovative manager.
- To enable the student to learn to be socially responsive manager who has a desire to respond positively to the social, economic and environmental problems affecting the society.
- To provide a student experience of the highest standard
- To be a research intensive Faculty, committed to knowledge generation, transfer and commercialisation
- To be a recognised and respected member of the international community of Business Schools contributing to national and global agendas
- To deliver our programmes and services through a sector-leading, high-quality sustainable and cost-effective infrastructure
- Mutual respect
- High quality educational processes
- Active and experiential learning
WE GO BEYOND DEGREE
In today’s world having a degree just for the sake of having a degree no longer makes sense. SIU Faculty of Business and Economics sees education as an investment which must produce a return. We are proud to shape our degree (and non-degree programs) with skills to be geared to predict the trends of the job market.
The Faculty has eight (8) Departments
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Accounting & Finance
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Information Systems
- Department of Economics and Statistics
- Department of Economics
- Department of Economics and Management
- Department of Banking and Finance