Greetings from the Dean
Welcome to the Faculty of Education at the Somali International University.
It is my great pleasure and privilege to bring greetings to you from Faculty of Education. This Faculty began in 2012-2013 Academic year with a simple but profound mission, to provide world class education to our future teachers.
Faculty of Education is relatively a small, interdisciplinary Faculty within a great university. It is continually evolving, as we adapt to the changing needs of individuals, families and communities. Our mission keeps us on course:
As the new dean of the Faculty of Education, I am excited about my role in both leading and supporting the Faculty. I am keenly aware of the meaningful and important ways SIU is impacting our country. I believe the best is yet to come as we move forward with new, innovative programs and a renewed mission to reach and enrich the lives of those we serve.
It is my privilege to work with such a distinguished Faculty and staff who are passionate about teaching and learning.
I thank you for your interest and I encourage you to join the Faculty of Education.
We look forward to seeing you in the Faculty.???
To endeavour to be a leading Faculty in the preparation and development of teachers of the highest quality, and the promotion of research as well as innovative and critical skills required to uplift regional, provincial and national communities.
The Faculty is committed to excellence in:
- pre- and in-service teacher education programmes;
- providing teachers with relevant knowledge and skills;
- the preparation of teachers in Mathematics, Science and Technology as well as other critical school learning (subject) areas, suited for schools;
- community development programmes through adult education and community training;
GOALS AND VALUES
- To be a leading teacher education Faculty in Somalia.
- To be a hub and custodian of diverse teacher education programmes of the highest quality which address the full range of teacher education needs in the education system, with emphasis on Mathematics, Science and Technology as well as other critical school learning areas.
- To nurture, through the study of social scientific knowledge and research skills, innovative, creative and critical skills required to improve the quality of life of society.
- To reflect, represent and express both in deed and outlook an epitome of teacher professional ethical standards of the highest quality.
FACULTY STRUCTURE AND PROGRAMMES
Department of Arts
Department of Sciences